Sadie Caulder Knight National Stream Coach of the Year
Sadie Caulder Knight was a pioneer of synchronized swimming in Saskatchewan. Upon Sadie’s death in 1970, a group of her former swimmers established a trust fund in her name. Synchro Saskatchewan now administers the fund and annually presents a “Coach of the Year” award and bursary in her memory.
A perpetual trophy, as well as a retainer plaque, will be awarded at the Synchro Saskatchewan Annual Awards Banquet. The bursary is $200 and must be used for the coach’s development.
The coach must:
- Have actively coached athletes in the High Performance Program during the past competitive year.
- Have NCCP Level 2 certification, at the minimum and be working towards NCCP Level 3.
- Competition results through the year must show evidence of swimmer improvement.
- Demonstrate strong coaching and leadership skills.
- Demonstrate traits of a good role model for athletes.