Routines are evaluated on Execution, Artistic Impression and Difficulty. One mark is assigned for each area.
Execution mark is assessed for Execution and Synchronization.
- Execution is the level of excellence in performing highly specialized skills.
- Synchronization is the timing of each athlete with other athletes and with the music.
Artistic Impression mark is assessed for Choreography, Music Interpretation and Manner of Presentation.
- Choreography – the design and weaving together of variety and creativity of movements.
- Music Interpretation – expressing the mood of the music.
- Manner of Presentation – the manner in which the swimmer present the routine to the viewers.
Difficulty mark assesses the quality of being hard to achieve.
- It evaluates the difficulty of all movements and of synchronization.