High Performance Committee
Chair: Kristie Schmidt
Mandate: To promote, encourage, and support the development and delivery of programs for High Performance Athletes.
- To support coaching development opportunities for coaches interested in coaching at a national level.
- To provide additional training opportunities for all athletes identified in the High Performance program.
- To improve the standing of Saskatchewan athletes at Divisionals, Nationals and Canada Games.
- To provide support for athletes vying for spots on Canadian National Teams.
- To recruit and mentor coaching staff for the next Canada Games.
- To provide athletes assistance to identified High Performance Excellence Athletes.
- To provide Professional Development opportunities for officials who judge at Divisional and National Championships and for those officials working towards that level.
- To integrate LTAD into the High Performance Excellence and Talent Identification streams.
- Design, develop and deliver High Performance funded programs for elite synchronized swimmers in the province.
- Develop an annual budget for the High Performance Program for submission to the Finance Committee.
- Support coaching development opportunities for coaches interested in or coaching National Stream Athletes.
- Provide additional training opportunities for identified High Performance Excellence Athletes and also for High Performance Development Athletes.
- Improve the standing of Saskatchewan athletes at Divisionals, Nationals and Canada Games.
- Provide support for athletes vying for spots on Canadian National Teams.
- Recruit and mentor coaching staff for the next Canada Games.
- Provide athletes' assistance to identified High Performance Excellence Athletes.
- Provide professional development opportunities for officials who judge at Divisional and National Championships and for those officials working toward that level.
- Integrate Canadian Sport 4 Life into the High Performance Programs.
- Investigate the feasibility of Canada Games Team attending an international camp or competition in Summer Year 3.
- Coordinate the development of the content of High Performance portion of annual funding submission, in consultation with the Executive Director.
- Ensure completion of all necessary follow-up reports, in cooperation with the Executive Director and the High Performance Director.
- Prepare and monitor the High Performance portion of the annual budget, and work with the Vice President Finance/Administration to develop policies and procedures related to administration of funds.
- Establish appropriate selection criteria and procedures for athlete/coach involvement in High Performance programs.
- Prepare a written report for the AGM to summarize the activities of the committee for the year.