VP Finance And Administration
Mandate: To maintain an efficient, effective organization that is transparent and fiscally responsible.
Oversee the following committees
- Administration Committee
- Finance Committee
Assist the listed committees achieve their mandates and goals.
- Attend or be informed of all meetings of the committees.
- Bring forward comments, concerns, issues and recommendations from the committees to the Synchro Saskatchewan Board of Directors.
- Prepare a report for Board meetings on the committees.
- Prepare a written report for the Annual General Meeting summarizing the activities of the committees.
Be an active and informed member of the Synchro Saskatchewan Board of Directors and Executive.
- Chair the Finance Committee.
- Develop the annual budget of the Association.
- Review monthly and/or quarterly financial reports.
- Ensure all grant follow-ups and submissions are completed.
- Annually review, establish, update, and revise/amend the financial policies.
- Determine annual membership categories and fees and to identify appropriate membership services.
- Identify fund-raising and self-help requirements.
- Ensure effective handling of all monies belonging to the Association.
- Ensure the proper authorization of all expenditures and to oversee the keeping of full and accurate accounting records of all financial matters.
- Arrange for an annual audit of the financial operations of the organization and report results to the Board.
- Prepare a written report to the AGM to summarize the activities of the Committee for the year.
- Be one of the signing officers of the Association.
- Provide Volunteers and Staff opportunity to participate in seminars or training sessions that will enhance their ability to fulfill their roles and responsibilities.
- Maintain up-to-date governance and operational policies.
- Review and update organization policies and procedures including review of Bylaws and the Board of Director’s Handbook.
- Ensure that the Association is functioning according to the Non-Profit Corporation Act, Articles of Continuance, Bylaws, and Operating Policies of the Association.
- Provide input to the Human Resources Committee on Staff performance.