Responsibilities of Committee Chairs
Committee Chairs are responsible for overseeing the effective operation of the their Committee.
Committee Structure and Operation
- Select Committee members and present the proposed membership to the Board of Directors for approval.
- Determine an annual meeting schedule for the Committee.
- Prepare notices of meeting for all Committee meetings and ensure distribution of the notice of meeting to all Committee Members, the Synchro Saskatchewan President and the Synchro Saskatchewan Executive Director.
- Delegate tasks to Committee Members as appropriate and providing appropriate direction and follow-up to ensure the timely completion of tasks.
- Ensure accurate recording of minutes for all Committee meetings and ensure timely distribution of minutes to Committee Members, the Synchro Saskatchewan President and the Synchro Saskatchewan Executive Director. The Synchro Saskatchewan Executive Director will ensure the minutes are circulated to the Board for ratification at the next Board of Directors meeting.
Budget Development and Control
- Develop an annual budget for the Committee activities for presentation to the Finance Committee.
- Monitor the annual budget for the Committee activities. Determine budget changes or modifications then present any proposed changes to the Board of Directors for approval through the Executive Director and the Finance Committee.
Planning and Reporting
- Review the Synchro Saskatchewan strategic plan and information from the annual planning meeting to ensure priorities for Committee action are identified and incorporated into the yearly plan of activities for the Committee.
- Prepare an annual report on the activities of the Committee for the AGM.
- Assist with preparation of the annual Sport Profile and Sport Follow-up as required.
- Contact Committee Members on an ongoing basis to ensure their active involvement.
- Communicate with assigned Staff Members and ensure Synchro Saskatchewan Executive Director is kept informed of Committee activities and plans as well as requirements from Staff.
- Contact appropriate Vice President to inform them of Committee activities and plans to ensure the Executive Committee and the Board is informed of items requiring approval.